Since 2018: Chairman of the Board of Directors of Stockholm IT Ventures AB (SITV)
A Swedish public company listed on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange focusing on clean and efficient low-cost energy cryptocurrency mining and production, and in blockchain related technology
Since 1990: Founder & Chairman of Oil Capital Ltd. (OCL) and then Netoil Inc.
- Acquisition of development rights and equity ownership positions in Turkmenistan’s Blocks 1 (offshore) and III (onshore) two of that country’s major oil and gas producing properties (these have reserves of 13 trillion cubic feet of gas and 700 million barrels of oil, with 1,400 working wells, and currently produce two billion cubic feet per day of natural gas).
- Origination and development of the Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan (BTC) pipeline (1 million barrels per day) by the negotiation and the signature of the original pipeline right-of-way transit agreement with the Government of Turkey.
From 1966 to 1989: Kidder, Peabody & Co., Intra Investment Company, First Arabian Corporation, Bank Al Mashrek and Milshare Corporation
- Ownership of Meurice Hotel Group in Paris, which owned the Meurice, Prince de Galles and Grand Hotels, Café de la Paix.
- Acquisition and ownership of Lockheed Aircraft Company, Trans Mediterranean Airlines (TMA), Middle East Airlines (MEA), Lebanon’s national flag carrier since the 1950s, Diamond Concession in Central African Republic, Kenana sugar plantation in Sudan, Kaiser Steel and Casino du Liban, Casino Park in Madeira, Casino in Tehran, Gulf Fisheries Co. worldwide organization (Kuwait Royal Family).
- Origination and development of the Suez-Mediterranean (SUMED) pipeline (2.5 million barrels per day).
- Conception, negotiation and financing of the start of the world’s largest single chemical methanol production complex project (which later had 5 expansions) of Mistubishi and Sabic (who partnered into Saudi Methanol Company, known as Ar-Razi) in Jubail, Saudi Arabia, with an annual production of about 5 million tons, through a 5-year supply contract of 100 million bbl of Saudi crude oil to Japan.
- Creation and ownership of Tamoil in Europe: $20 billion turnover, $6.3 billion market capitalization, 3,000 service stations, 3 refineries, 255,000 barrels per day.
- Acquisition and ownership of Chantiers Navals de la Ciotat (CNC), the second-largest shipyard in France, one of the early pioneers in the construction of LNG vessels for oceangoing natural gas transport, and also specialized in submarines, patrol boats and other military platforms plus very large crude carriers (VLCCs) and conventional bulk cargo vessels for the civilian maritime industry.
- Financing of the project of Transco Middle East Pipeline Company to build Iran’s gas pipeline system (now a portion of IGAT).
Private equity investor specialized in banking reorganization and restructuring
- Take over, running and re-build of the largest bank in Lebanon, Intra Bank, which had gone bankrupt. Became the Chairman & the Chief Executive Officer of the surviving entity, Intra Investment Company, one of the major sovereign wealth investment companies in the Middle East, and ran it very successfully for a number of years.
- Former CEO of an allied major Lebanese commercial bank, Credit Libanais, which he developed to total assets of $10 billion.
- Acquisition of Bank of the Commonwealth, Detroit, Michigan, a bank with $1.25 billion in assets, 1,200 employees and 50 branches throughout Michigan, the weakest of that state’s major banks. As such, it was a problem for all of the major United States regulatory agencies, which included the Federal Reserve System (FED), the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) and the State of Michigan banking regulators. Held the position of majority shareholder, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, worked closely with all three regulators over a number of years to solve the bank’s problems, and it was eventually given a 100% clean bill of health. At that point, with the regulators’ agreement and encouragement, merged into Detroit Bank and Trust to form Comerica Corporation, a large nationwide bank holding company, number 36 in size nationally, with $71.7 billion in assets and a net worth of $7.7 billion.
- Became Comerica’s largest single individual shareholder following this transaction.
- Former partner of Société Générale in Frab Bank and former partner of Bank of America in Egypt.
26 Champs Elysées real estate development and shopping arcade.
London real estate – Wilton Crescent and others in Mayfair area.
Other prestigious properties in New York, Paris,London, Marbella, Dubai and elsewhere.
Master of Business Administration MBA from Harvard Business School HBS
Attended the American University in Cairo (also served for 10 years as a member of its Board of Trustees which endowed a number of named scholarships for Egyptian students of exceptional promise), a PhD program at Cambridge University, and the Institut Européen d’Administration (INSEAD) in Fontainebleau, France
French, English and Arabic